Tuesday 16 February 2016

Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley....

When I ask my friends if they have ever read Kristen Ashley, they look at me blankly. But she is my favourite author. To be honest, my first real, heavy novel was by Kristen Ashley- Three Wishes.....

It's would come in the category of fantasy romance if genies are really and trully mythological. The story is of Lily Jacobs, who inherited a genie, Fazire from her mother and Nathaniel 'Nate' McAllister, a hotty to the bone.....

The cover of the book doesn't do it justice. And the book is not that fantastical either. Its more like it has just a touch of fantasy.The book is am-ah-zing...*sighs*



Basically Lily's grandma got three wishes from a genie and she refused to use them. So, Fazire became a fixture in her and her daughter's life. Lily's mother used one of the wishes when she asked for Lily. Fazire decided that she would be beyond anyone's imagination, but... There's always a but, he wanted her to know humility, which he did by pretty much making Lily's school life hell. One day, when Lily had had too much, she made the second wish. She wished for a hero like she read about in romance novels, in quite a graphical details, I dare say...

“One day, I wish to find a man like in my books. He has to be just like in one of my books. And he has to love me, love me more than anything in the world. Most important of all, he has to think I’m beautiful.”
Sounds simple, doesn't it? That she'll become a real beauty once she grows up, meet her knight in the shining armour and they'll ride into the sunset towards eternal happiness. Not so fast people.

Lily wanted that they face problems. Like there aren't enough of them already. And boy! Did Fazire grant her wish or what!!! He gave her Nate *swoons*, who didn't have anything easy in his life and is himself full of insecurities and self-doubt.

When Lily's parents die, she has already met Nate and even has had sex with him(in London). But, she doesn't get a chance to meet him before she has to rush home. Nate thinks that she dumped him and doesn't bother looking for her (the dumbo). Back home,  Lily comes to know that she is pregnant. She takes with Fazire to Nate's parents' house(they are step parents and I am not telling the whole story), where his crying step-sister opens the door


!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
and tells her that Nate is dead. At this news, she is devastated.

Lemme tell you, Nate's step-siblings were Satan's children. Guessed yet? She lied. Nate was well and truly alive and had just left moments before Lily came there with Fazire.
Don't worry. They get what they deserve at the end.
When Lily goes back to London with Tash and Fazire, she comes to know that Nate's alive and all of them thought that Lily was the bad person. When Lily hardships are revealed, they realize they were the ones who did her wrong. Here is that dialogue, one of my favourite ones between Nate and Lily....


“You told me you’d never let me go,” she whispered but it was an accusation. His eyes closed and the pain in them swept over his entire face and settled there like it would never, ever leave. Then he shocked her again. He dropped his forehead to hers and kept his hands on her. Something out of her control made her continue. “You told me,” she said in a shaky voice, “you’d always take care of me.”


!!!END OF SPOILER!!!

 Image result for quotes from three wishes by kristen ashley


Once again Nate is gonna do something worth getting his ass kicked but it all turns out good in the end. So I guess that is all that matters...


She returns back home where she goes on raising her daughter, Natasha 'Tash' Roberts McAllister Jacobs ( for those wondering, Roberts was the last name of Nate's step-parents, McAllister Nate's and Jacobs Lily's), named after her father. Awwww.....

I cried, I laughed. But the question is, do I recommend it? HELL YEAH!!!

2 comments:

  1. I had never read a Kristen Ashley book until this summer! Yep-I'm a romance book blogger who never read KA! Thankfully, I have remedied this but I haven't read 3 wishes yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God u did girl 'cause u got a long list ahead of u. Which one habe u read?

    And 3 wishes was my first one but my favourite one is Golden Dynasty (same author). Hope u read that too

    ReplyDelete